Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Just what you have been waiting for...


...another investing/stock market blog. Since the 17 that you have been reading already aren't sufficient enough.
If you haven't guessed already, I am a little cynical.
To be honest, I shouldn't be. As of writing this post, I have approximately $15,000 in my investing portfolio currently "invested". A couple of index funds and a few ETFs. In the next few posts, I will get into details about what those exactly are and how did I get myself into that situation. I recently managed to transfer an additional $2500 into the account ready to be invested as soon as I figure out where that goes.
The portfolio has gained around $1600 since I started actively investing which was around a year ago (10 months and a few days to be precise). This idea of "active investing" goes against the very basis of my investing theory, which is summarized as "Lazy", but more on that later (another post most likely).
What I am getting at is that, yes, this is another investing blog. I will talk about stocks and ETFs and mutual funds (which I am pretty sure I am never going to invest myself) and index funds, but not to educate or to preach. I am going to do that so that when I go back and look at why my portfolio is at where it is, there has to be some thought process involved. Lets see if I can keep an account of that through this.
Hopefully in future, when I look at my Roth IRA account and see 3 stocks of Symantec (SYMC), sitting at 32% loss, I don't scratch my head and wonder.....what was I thinking?

No comments: