Thursday, July 26, 2007

Spiritual awakening


Nothing like waking up to an overcast summer morning, running a slight fever due to what could possibly be flu and looking at the stock market shed probably the second largest points for the year.

Actually, I was looking for a dip in the market because I was looking to buy (in case you didn't know, my investment theory does not involve any selling) in my every increasing pursuit of getting a strong, balanced and distributed portfolio. Unfortunately, I wasn't prepared enough to know what to buy. So I ended up getting some more "foreign" stocks.

So, I decided today is going to be the first day for the rest of my balanced portfolio. I need the following things:
a) define a goal.
b) get a good analysis of where I currently stand.
c) figure out a plan to get from (b) to (a).

Its damn hard; I mean investing is easy, I would say even making some money in the process is easy, but it is hard to do it well, do it right. All I have needed to do since some time now is get a good understanding of what my portfolio looks like, figure out what is missing, pick one of the model portfolios and do a few trades to get me there.

So, as a first step, I sort of figured out what my portfolio looks like currently. I will need some more time to figure out a goal so some things will have to wait. But as of 26th July, 2007, I know what I am working with...........I am awake!! (for a little while, at least until the medicines kick in)

No comments: