Friday, June 29, 2007

This dudn't make sense...............


So, after spending a reasonable amount of time trying to make sense out of this, a TheStreet.com TV report explaining the top 5 ETFs to short now (early june) including VFH, I still went ahead and got my portfolio as much VFH as my spare change would let me purchase.

The issue is that I tried to make sense of that report about a couple of times and did not make much progress. I really haven't read anything about why financials would be a bad sector to be buying right now. However, in my sense of the world, this was one of the few sector ETFs that is currently somewhere below a 52-week maximum. My portfolio needed it, so I bought. Simple.

In the bigger picture of things, this forms about 8% of my portfolio which to begin with is REALLY not very well diversified, but I am actively getting there. Till I get somewhere which is respectable enough to be shown to public, I will not publish it. Lets just say I am way too heavily concentrated on Developing Nations........

Maybe if I keep making decisions this way, I will form my own set of rules as to what defines a good time to buy an ETF. Hopefully the whole process is not too expensive.....

No comments: